Friday, October 9, 2009

**GOBBLE, GOBBLE!!!**

Yep! That time of year is here again! It is that strange, addictive time when Canadians everywhere develop an insatiable tendency to gorge themselves on poultry, pork, or anything that could be percieved as edible!! It is also this same time of year that I don the camoflage and go underground, into hiding!

As I sprang gleefully out of bed this morning, desperately zwiddling about hither and thither (hamhocks-a-blur!), I stopped in my tracks and realized that that time of the year is almost here, and in my mailbox, I have been receiving all sorts of recipes for PORK!!! EEEEEEEEEK!!!!! I am still convinced that it is a conspiracy; that there are still people out there fantasizing about what I look and smell like in their ovens or rotisserie grills, basting in my own juices! So, to save time, I take every precaution at this time of year to stay AWAY from any heat sources, and constantly look behind me to see if there is anyone trying to season me without my knowledge or permission!

As I struttled to the gym, I noticed one of two things. Either I was hallucinating, or there were people actually looking at me rather longingly and licking their chops as my rumproast passed by them. I remember what happened last year, when I attended a dinner, and the person next to me kept testing my tenderness by constantly pinching me! So I know that this is not all in my head, as you might think.

So now, in preparation for this season of bliss and good eats for some, and traumatic events for me and several other high protein sources, I shall take every precaution to make sure that I make it through this unscathed, so that I can continue my blogs to my faithful foodies...er...I mean, readers!!!

Moi

No comments:

Post a Comment